Iroquois Branch Library Building 20th Anniversary Open House In-Person
Join us for an open house to celebrate 20 years in our beautiful library branch building at 4212 Iroquois Avenue!
Did you know that the Iroquois Avenue Library was the first freestanding branch library in the Erie County Public Library system?
Originally established as the "Erie County Library," the collection was housed in the Behrend Center from 1950 -1954 before spending several years within the Priestly Avenue School. The Library then moved its headquarters to the building at 4212 Iroquois Avenue in Lawrence Park Township in 1966. When the Erie County Library and the Erie Metropolitan Library merged in 1976, the library at 4212 Iroquois Avenue became the Lawrence Park Branch Library. More branches were established throughout the county following the merger.
Eventually, the rented spaces used to house many of the library branches could no longer accommodate the public’s need for technology and other library services and construction plans for several new freestanding branch buildings were started through the generosity of the newly incorporated Erie Regional Library Foundation. Construction of the current Iroquois Avenue Library branch building began in fall of 2001 and a Grand Opening celebration was held in October of 2002.
Iroquois Avenue Branch Library
4212 Iroquois Ave.
Erie, PA 16511
Contact phone: 814-451-7082
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org